Heroes Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Network for Real Life Superheroes to have a place to socialize, network, and also teach and learn from each other.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Would You?

Go down 
+3
C
DarkShadow
Tothian
7 posters

Would You Still Do It?
Yes
Would You? I_vote_lcap100%Would You? I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 17 ]
No
Would You? I_vote_lcap0%Would You? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage

Would You? Empty
PostSubject: Would You?   Would You? I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 8:17 am

If you had a choice to help someone or not, and if you helped the person out, you wouldn't get any credit, no tingly-feel-good-feelings, no thank-you, and got absolutely nothing good out of it, would you still help that person?
Back to top Go down
Tothian
President & Founder of the Heroes Network
President & Founder of the Heroes Network
Tothian

Titles : Real Life Superhero, Marine Corps Veteran, Warrior
Mission : Serve God, fight evil, protect people, help the Real Life Superhero Community

Would You? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would You?   Would You? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 7:50 pm

Yes. The answer should hopefully be an obvious one to everyone. How it's not about what we get from this, but rather what we do for others. Yet, this Poll Thread still serves as an important reminder regardless.

There could be those "Thanks" we receive from others, and the good feeling that we get when we did something right. Those are just extra bonuses, if anything. Sure they feel good, but should not be primary objectives. The mission doesn't change whether we receive them or not.

Although, as far as the feelings, I do believe it should be known and understood that our instincts will often guide us to places we need to be in life. So, it's not so much a matter of if, but rather the whole when/where/why/how/etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Tothian.com

Would You? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would You?   Would You? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 11:15 pm

Exactly. All emotions were given to us to help guide us in our decisions. We were programmed to "feel good" about helping others, because that's the right thing to do. There are different stages of morality in people, and at one of the earlier stages people do good because they feel good, while in the more matured levels, people know to do good because it is the right thing to do, not because they will get something out of it.
Back to top Go down
DarkShadow
Former Vice President of the Heroes Network
DarkShadow

Titles : The Umbra Obscurum, DS, The DarkShadow, He who wields the Blade of the Whirlwind, the Lightning Blade

Would You? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would You?   Would You? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 11:36 pm

Yup.

Not to say that if a group of people needed my help i'd be tempted to quote Rorshach on them though. Wink

DarkShadow Rising...
Back to top Go down
C

C

Would You? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would You?   Would You? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 10:51 am

If you asked me 15-20 years ago, I wouldn't hesitate selecting "Yes".

Today is another story. Obviously the credit doesn't mean anything, but I've had too many backfire experiences in the past. Cases where my attempts to help out, resulted in the direct opposite of credit. People who got angry or insulted by my attempt to help in some way.
I think long time ago I concluded that I was lousy at helping people out, and put it on the shelves. So I don't do much of that nowadays.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sectortools.com

Would You? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would You?   Would You? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 4:03 pm

As long as its legal and wont get me any trouble with the police or the city
Back to top Go down
Hexx

Hexx

Would You? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would You?   Would You? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 6:03 pm

I'd still help without question... everything happens for a reason, so if a situation is put in front of me where I can help someone in need it means it's a stepping stone to something greater down the line
Back to top Go down
Phoenix

Would You? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would You?   Would You? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 11:10 pm

The better question is not whether you'd do it for no benefit, but rather would you do it with the threat of injury, death, or imprisonment. To sacrifice everything and labelled a criminal or worse. Would you go out there to aid others if at any minute, they could kill or capture you?

If you answer yes to that, that has a great deal of impact for me. Not wanting credit, that's the bare minimum, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Trone
Duke of Orange Soda
Trone

Titles : The modern day "War Machine"

Would You? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would You?   Would You? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 8:00 pm

You don't do the do for self gratification, you do it to help your fellow man/woman.

Just my stance on the subject.
Back to top Go down
Mercy

Mercy

Titles : Mercy

Would You? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would You?   Would You? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 5:10 pm

:Dim glad know one said no xp
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Would You? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Would You?   Would You? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would You?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heroes Network :: MAIN CATEGORY :: Polls Section-
Jump to: